Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gifts

Bonnie spent the day with me on Saturday...she brought me a lovely fob that she made for my birthday. The music note charm is such a wonderful touch!


She also was on a hunt for me and found this VERY pretty scissor frog for me...she has a good way with the store owner and got me a good deal!



So I've added my scissors to it and love the look.

My mother made me this lovely stitched piece and framed it herself for my birthday...it has a place of honour on my stitching cabinet.
I love it soooo much!





It was my Mothers 95th birthday yesterday and we had dinner at my brother and SIL (Both standing) My other brother is beside me with my other SIL at the end of the table. Mom at the head.

Mom enjoyed having just a small do with just her family!
It was a wonderful dinner!


My family
I am the luckiest person in the world to have my Mother and my brothers living within minutes to my home!
We are close in all ways! That in itself is a gift from God!!!

Stitch with happy fingers.

10 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Oh, I love all your gifts. Your mom is amazing and so is the picture she stitched for you.

Lynn said...

Love your gifts! Bonnie did a good job of finding that scissor fob. It's lovely.
Happy Birthday to your Mom! She looks fantastic. I love the piece she stitched for you.

Oma said...

Happy belated Birthday Beatrice! What date in August? Mine is the 8th. Happy belated birthday to your Mom as well! She looks fantastic for 95!

Love your gifts! Just imagine receiving a gift from your Mom at her age! I lost my Mom in 1983 to Ovarian Cancer and I still miss her to this day. She was a stitcher as well. I really like the scissor fob that Bonnie made for you. So appropriate with the music charm.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She is the most amazing woman on earth! Yes you are so lucky to have your family so close at hand!

What a lovely giftie from Bonnie, and great scissor frog!

Bonnie Brown said...

Glad you liked your fob and frog!
I had a wonderful day with you :)

Your mom still looks amazing!

mdgtjulie said...

Lovely fob, lovely frog. Great new acquisitions. And glad you had a nice dinner. Family is so important to some of us, and I can't understand how some families are so dysfunctional.

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday to you and to your mom. The piece she stitched for you is just gorgeous.
Enjoy all your other gifties.

Siobhán said...

What wonderful gifts!

Happy belated birthday to you and your mom. I love the piece that she did for you. How lucky you are!! I am envious that you live so close to your brothers and mom, too. I have three brothers, one of whom is one of my best friends, and I miss them SOOOOO much.

Cathy said...

You are very lucky to have such a wonderful family. Love your mom's stitching.

Carolyn NC said...

What a lovely family time! Special gift, too -definitely a treasure. Thank you so much for stitching on Alphabet Zoo - this piece is truly special now by the hands that have worked on it!